Monday, August 22, 2011

and he finally walked away

Summer is almost over and as much as I had fun, I'm excited for Fall to begin because I am definitely not a blazing heat kinda gal.

So, some things that helped me keep my cool on my face and body?

Makeup:

1) Blemish Balm cream (BB): I don't like to wear something heavy on my face when it is very hot and I'm active all day, so I am head over heels about this Missha bb cream! it is lightweight, blends perfectly into my skin and stays put all day. I apply with my fingertips (of course after they are washed squeeky clean) and set it with a light powder, given that I already have oily skin I don't want the extra dewy look for summer.







2) Gel/Cream blush: In order to look fresh and have a "no makeup" look, it is best to skip out on powder blush for summer because they tend to make ones' face look cakey and older. So, opt for a gel or cream consistency blush and apply very little because they tend to be very pigmented. I apply with my fingertips and then use a duo fiber sigma brush to blend out the harsh edges so it seems like a natural flush to the cheeks, because I know every girl likes that look! 

Mac's gel blush in "just a pinch":






NYX cream blush:





Sigma duo fiber brush for a natural application:






Wardrobe:

1) Sheer floral blouse: Of course, this should be paired with a tank top in order to prevent a free peep show to the public, but these tops are very easy to pair with absolutely any bottom and are completely effortless! the sheer material will allow your skin to breathe and not show any sweating marks in case it does get too hot. I tend to buy these blouses in floral print because it adds an easy color to my wardrobe and makes my outfit come alive for the summer!







2) Khakis Pants: This is a staple piece for every woman and man! Not only are khakis very classy and chic looking, they instantly add a more "relaxed" look to your whole outfit. Depending on your style and body shape, you can decide whether to buy them boot cut or wide leg style. Either way, have your top tucked in ever so slightly and you are ready to be out all day without feeling uncomfortable, unlike tight skinny jeans which can hurt your waist/lower stomach after a few hours. For those that want to dress up these casual bottoms, add a patent thin belt of any color which will make the look a little more polished and put together =) 








for a day look, wear with ballet flats or sneakers.





for an evening look, wear them with wedges or patent pumps with a colorful clutch.


what are your summer staple pieces? have you tried any of these before?


au revoir ~


photo source: various websites 

No comments:

Post a Comment